Celebrate the Seasons Issue 3
In Issue 3 (April 2015)
- Mixed Grill Salad with pineapple & peachesThere’s no easier way to add loads of flavor to a healthful salad than to employ an all-time favorite technique — grilling.
- Lemon-Curry VinaigretteA homemade vinaigrette tastes much better than anything you get from a store — and there are no added stabilizers or preservatives.
- Blackberry Shrimp Salad with goat cheese crostiniWhen dinner is both delicious and good for you, it makes your heart sing. This salad does that in more ways than one.
- Blackberry Dressing with fresh mintMade with fresh blackberries, this is anything but your average salad dressing. Its dramatic color is a feast for the eyes and mouth.
- Rémoulade Chicken Salad SandwichRémoulade — a favorite Louisiana sauce — makes this colorful chicken salad sandwich uniquely scrumptious. Go the extra mile and make bread boats out of baguettes for an impressive look.
- Barbecue Macaroni with corn & scallionsMacaroni salad is always a great side dish. This one, made with the flavors of barbecue, is sure to be a welcome addition to the table.
- Smoked Salmon & Egg Sandwiches with dill spreadWith just three stacked ingredients and a simple spread, this healthier version of lox and schmear doesn’t forgo any flavor.
- Herbed Potato ChipsThese chips have all the crunch and salty flavor you want. It’s hard to believe you can get a generous portion for around 100 calories.
- Mushroom Sliders with avocado & blue cheeseThese vegetarian sliders are so good you won’t miss the meat. Mushrooms have a naturally meaty taste and texture that makes them a delicious, fat-free substitute for beef patties.
- Fresh Asparagus Salad with fennel and grapefruitCrisp-tender asparagus, fennel, and tart grapefruit are a match made in heaven in this refreshing and filling seasonal salad.
- AND MANY MORE!