Weeknight Menus Issue 5
In Issue 5 (October 2015)
- Chicken Chop Suey with mushroomsWith a simple and delicious meal like this one, there’s no reason to call for takeout. Grab the wok and start stir-frying.
- Chow Mein Noodle “Salad”This simple combination of ingredients, with a hint of heat and unique flavors, pairs deliciously with the chop suey.
- Chicken Posole CasserolePosole [poh-ZOH-leh] is a thick Mexican soup traditionally served on special occasions. Here, the name indicates one thing — big, bold flavor.
- Fruit Salad with jicamaThis combination of winter fruit and tropical produce is a sweet end to the meal, and a fresh treat for chilly evenings.
- Turkey Meatballs with cranberry gravyThanksgiving dinners always include the great pairing of turkey and cranberries, but you’ve never had them like this before.
- Two-Potato MashCreamy and buttery, mashed potatoes are a Thanksgiving mainstay, and these, infused with sweet potatoes, couldn’t be tastier.
- Chicken, Kielbasa & White Bean SoupChicken, sausage, and beans — all substantial on their own — combine to create a soup with a whole host of filling elements.
- Orzo Salad with spinach & roasted red peppersThis pasta salad is flexible — use ingredients you have on hand. Try substituting arugula for the spinach or feta for the mozzarella.
- Pan-Seared Flat Iron Steak with kaleWork a satisfying steak dinner into your busy schedule with this recipe. It’s updated with a few taste-test-approved modifications.
- Pimento Cheese Grits
- AND MANY MORE!
Weeknight Menus Issue 5SKU WM05
Add this book to my digital library