Weeknight Menus Issue 17
In Issue 17 (October 2017)
- Chicken Tinga with tomatillo sauceTangy, smoky, and full of spices, this chicken can’t be beat, especially when served with briny, Veracruz-inspired rice.
- Rice VeracruzOlives and capers are typical in dishes from Mexico’s Veracruz region. And here, they quickly and easily elevate a simple side dish.
- Cream of Chicken Soup with cremini mushroomsPerfect on a cold winter day, this creamy, sherry-infused soup with chicken and mushrooms is not one to be missed.
- Seasoned SaltinesKeep walking past all those fancy crackers at the gourmet market. Make your own at home in less than 30 minutes.
- Lamb Pastitsio with feta cheeseGo Greek with this baked pasta dish of olives, lamb, and plenty of feta for a casserole your family will surely love.
- Romaine Salad with lemon-cream dressingWhat pairs perfectly with a rich, hearty casserole? A refreshing salad, of course. And this one, with its creamy, tangy dressing can’t be beat.
- Ancho Chile Steak TacosWith the addition of one essential ingredient — ancho chile powder — steak tacos go from ho-hum to out of this world.
- Creamy Avocado Hominy SaladThis is one of those salads that is like a party to your taste buds. Cool, creamy, and fresh, it’s fairly simple but oh-so good.
- Vanilla Cider Pork with pearsThis meal comes together fast enough to be a weeknight option — but it’s so good, you might want to save it for a special occasion.
- Walnut Wild RiceWith walnuts, hard cider, and wild rice, this dish simply screams autumn, and will quickly become a new family favorite.
- AND MANY MORE!